Pappy’s Dry Rub 49
This is my Super Dry Rub for brisket, ribs, chicken, etc. Use this dry rub on all meats for smoking, or cooking in the oven or if grilling (use less)
- For about 5 or 6 cooking sessions. Cut in 5 for 1 time usage. Adjust quantities to your taste.
- 10 ounces paprika (smoked paprika if not using a smoker)
- 3 ounces dark brown sugar: you may also use a lighter brown sugar.
- 2 to 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 to 4 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning or 1 tsp of Cumin
- 2 tsp chili pepper or 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- *** Optional 3 tsp ground coriander (Crushed)
- *** Optional… with light flavoured meats I add 1 tbsp of Savory or for chicken only I prefer to use Sage.
Combine all ingredients including sugar in a bowl and blend them all thoroughly.
You can use it right away or stored for up to 6 months, ideally in a freezer bag or a tightly sealed jar